Wednesday, January 14, 2009

wasps

Yesterday I had the air-conditioner serviced. A sturdy pom launched himself onto the roof to do what he had to do. No sooner was he trudging across the tiles in the blazing heat, when he shouts down to me; 'Did you know you had a wasp nest up here?' I think the Buddha said that a householders life is full of dust - well its full of a lot more than that!! It seems that no sooner is one job fixed then another rises to take it's place. I hate having to find people who can do jobs around the house as so often they try and sell you something you don't really need or want. But the airconditioning service was a good experience - the man they sent was congenial and positive he pronounced my AC system in 'good' condition and we had a little chat about the 'old country' when I gave him a refreshing lime juice cordial with mineral water. He had only been here a year to my 34 - but still I often feel like a stranger in a strange land and its comforting to have a conversation in your own language!

Re the wasps - they have to go, already they are sending scouts down to the lower regions - I found one on the bed the other day but at the time had no idea they had taken up residence in the roof. The garden is full of them too which is good for the flowers - but they'll have to find a new home. I am sending them psychic eviction notices but if they don't heed them the pest man cometh.

3 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

Yeah, that's sad. I hate taking life but when it comes to wasps we have a certain responsibility to our neighbours, especially if they have children. Wasps are nasty. Much nastier than bees. Their stings are more likely to kill because they sometimes attack en masse.

Yup, I think they have to go:-(

Unknown said...

Hey my friend you have been busy!
Or maybe I'm just slow in catching up with your blogging life.
My garden woes are not so much about bad insects as bad disease. My tomatoes have blossom end rot, and yes, it looks as ugly as it sounds :-(

anudhara rolph said...

thanks for the comments guys. I don't like the sound of that blossom end rot Nims!!